Search engine optimization is the most global topic anytime on the net. And why not, after all there is no one who would like to have a poor ranking on the World Wide Web. Coming on the first page of Google search for gaining more traffic is a major concern for people nowadays. Just follow some of the simple tips given below:
• Keep the content of your website fully updated. There are hundreds of changes taking place every day, modify your site accordingly.
• It is obvious that visitors are not attracted towards outdated content, and hence constant updating is necessary. It also assists the search engine spiders to rank the web pages very often.
• Research on the target audience your website is all about. This will help you design your web site more precisely.
• Use of sub-domains must be avoided, instead use sub-directories whenever possible. The reason is that links are not shared by the sub-domain from the main domain. This is because the sub-domain is treated as a completely separate domain.
• Internal linking is good to be used whenever possible.
• Use of tag clouds.
• Sticky posts must be used.
• Category description paragraph is a must.
• Visitors must have the option to subscribe to different category specific RSS feed.
• Hyphens must be used in URL instead of underscore.
• Hyphens between the words also improved readability.
• Descriptions must be written in alt tags, it helps in image optimization.
• Permalinks used must be search engine friendly. Your URL must not contain characters like ‘&’,’ ?’, ‘!’, etc.
• Appropriate anchor texts must be used for interlinks. Contents like here, there, etc. must not be used for the anchor text.
• Make use of rel=nofollow tag. It must be used on low value links so that they do not pass the juice of page rank.
Read also Getting Your Blog Indexed Quickly